Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas From the Heart

I love Christmas!  I have been so busy and have not had much time for blogging.  Thanksgiving was a success.  We had way too much food left over.  I asked the Lord to multiply it and he did!  We were eating left overs all week for lunch and dinner!  I am glad that is over.  I am thankful and I have had my fill.

Now onto Christmas.  We are starting some new traditions in our home.  Out with the old, in with the new.  I received a book a few years back called "This Christmas Night, Reflections from our hearts to your home"  from Billy and Ruth Graham.  It is a indepth look into the birth of Jesus.  It goes into the culture in those times and how things were.  It is really good.  We have been reading a chapter most every night as a family.  We love it.  I have cried often from the detail given.  It paints a vivid picture of what happened. 
While the world celebrates Christmas with Elves, Santa, shopping, parties and the such, people get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the season.  They miss out on the real reason we celebrate Christmas.  All these other things take away the attention from where it needs to be. 
So, while we are having fun doing all the fun kid stuff this year I wanted to be sure I am instilling the truth of Christmas and what is really important in life to our girls.  I wanted to make it about giving more than receiving.
So I felt God put on my heart to do The Twelve Days of Christmas but instead of receiving, we would give.  Everyday we will go out of our way to bless someone.  It may be baking something for a neighbor, paying a visit to a friend or relative, giving something we have away, what ever God puts on our heart to do. 
I would encourage all this year to focus on the real reason for the season and celebrate God's goodness.  Do something different this year.  Ask God what he would have you do to be a blessing to others and look for doors he opens for you to be used.
We are blessed to be a blessing.  Those who give to the poor will not lack.  Anyone who gives even a cup of water to one of these little ones, have given unto him (Jesus).  Let God use you today to be a blessing to someone.  We are the light of the world, let it shine before men so that they may see your good works and glorify God! 

From my heart to yours!

Be blessed this Holiday Season,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment